The Department of General Surgery works in coordination and coordination with many disciplines due to the wide area of interest.
The majority of patients with general surgery constitute various types of cancer cases. These patients work in cooperation with Gastroenterology, Radiology / Interventional Radiology, Pathology, Medical, and Radiation Oncology in the diagnosis, surgery and subsequent treatment stages. Another area of interest of general surgery is traumatology.
Because of the presence of multiple organ system injuries in trauma patients, orthopedics, neurosurgery, urology, heart, and vascular surgery departments work together.
Generally, the Department of General Surgery undertakes the coordination of all these branches of medicine, especially in severe multiple organ injuries.
Diseases diagnosed and treated in the field of general surgery;
In our hospitals;
- Surgical diseases such as a stomach, bowel, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, appendicitis, hemorrhoids, fistula, goiter, cysts, and varicose veins
- Emergency cases
- Injury in trauma and accident
- Surgical oncology (dealing with tumors)
- Laparoscopic surgery (examines the stomach/abdomen)
- Gastroscopy ( diseases associated with the esophagus, stomach, and twelve finger intestines )
- Colonoscopy (colon diseases)
- Breast diseases and surgeries
- Endoscopy (examines gaps in the body, especially used in digestive system examinations)
diagnosis and treatment are performed.